About PCL In Nursing (SN)
PCL Nursing (Staff Nursing) is a 3 year annual system program run under Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT). It aims at preparing professional nurses who can function independently as the member of health team in providing preventive, Promotive, curative and rehabilitative nursing care to the clients and take leadership role in managing client care in the hospital as well as in community settings.
- Apply sound knowledge in planning and providing care to the clients
- Carry out preventive and therapeutic nursing measures skillfully
- Communicate effectively with individuals and groups in variety of settings
- Utilize nursing process for providing comprehensive nursing care to the clients
- Take leadership role in planning ,directing ,supervising and evaluating client care
- Teach individuals and groups including health workers for the promotion of the clients health
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards socio-cultural values and norms of individuals in meeting their health needs
Criteria for admission
- Must have completed SLC with English ,Mathematics and Science and must score a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate .
- Must pass entrance examination of CTEVT.
- The program is open to female candidates only.